Dec 21, 2011

First insights into Luxembourg (III): First arrival

If you have read the previous post, you may have relized of the fact that I decided to fly personally to Luxembourg to carry out all the stuff to be done.

Although my father was reluctant to it because “it could be done directly from Spain, it would be cheaper and it wouldn’t suppose any effort”… I decided to book a flight for me and my mum to spend four days in Luxi and try to complete as many things on the list as we could.

Then the super-tightest schedule I had ever had started to run: the last day of my previous job, which was Friday, when I left the office, I ran to the station and took a train 500 km far away to assist to the wedding of my friend, I arrived in the night, we had a drink together, I attended the wedding the whole Saturday until 4-5 a.m., and on Sunday, I was in the first train back to Madrid to pick up the suitcases, my mother, the plane to Frankfurt and the bus to Luxi.

We arrived at 2:00 a.m. in Luxembourg.

Nobody on the streets.

15 degrees celsius less than in Madrid.

Darkness….

The only lights came from several strip clubs on both sides of the street, while arriving at the hotel…

We arrived at the hotel, which was closed, and I opened the door with the pin code provided because there was no concierge at that time. The keys were in an envelope on the concierge’s desk.

Il a été dévastateur

No comments:

Post a Comment