Oct 9, 2012

Charming, beautiful..

I have been in Italy during my holidays and I realized the fact, again, that we tend to mis-use the words beautiful and charming.

What I mean is that for instance, Luxembourg is beautiful, because if we are objective, what we see here is quite beautiful, but it is a "cold" beauty that doesn't pull us towards it (when I say cold, I am not talking about the weather!! ;O) ). However, Italy can be beautiful and charming.

For instance, I was in Agrigento looking for a restaurant, and though Agrigento is beautiful and charming, there were many streets around Via Atenea with stairs, where the restaurants have many terraces.

If we are objective, these streets are not beautiful: it's the back facade of beautiful buildings, there are trash cans and even if we come closer, the smell is like cats. 

But the way these restaurants set the tables: the table clothes, the candles, the umbrellas.. ends up with a quite charming and attractive result.

I am missing this from Italy and Spain.. the charm!!!.

Please find an example of "charming + beautiful" :)

Take care! 

No comments:

Post a Comment